It seems strange to be writing a blog for our 15th birthday – it certainly doesn’t feel like that long since I decided to start Resolve.
Fifteen years ago, I didn’t start out to build a company, I just wanted to do a great job at IT support. I wanted customers to get a great quality of service. Slowly Resolve grew because of this quality of service, and I realised I needed to employ people who really understood about customer service and the Resolve ethos. I am proud to say that I didn’t just find one or two people, but everyone who works at Resolve understands that fantastic customer service is key.
It is - of course - impossible to name all the wonderful memories created over the past 15 years, but I do have a few personal highlights...
• My first award – winning the “Young Business Person of the Year 2009” at the Sheffield Business Awards.
• Having four months sabbatical last year, and coming back to Resolve having missed the great team here.
• Being able to call many of the amazing business people I have met friends.
• In the last quarter of 2018, when we had our best quarter ever.
In 15 years, we have:
• Won 9 awards, including 2 national awards for our work with apprentices, and the “Excellence in Customer Service” award 3 years in a row.
• Moved 4 times.
• Worked on 108, 241 number of technical issues.
• Delivered 5,494 projects for our clients.
• Drunk 62,400 cups of tea and 90,000 cups of coffee.*
• Had 8,864 customers rate our work as “Excellent”.
• Grown from 1 (me) to 31.
*we don’t actually log our tea/coffee consumption, this is an estimate!
When I think back to all that we have done, I feel both humbled and excited for the future. We have a superb team at Resolve, and so I am very exited for the next 15 years!
I also wanted to say thank you. Over the years, we have had a huge amount of support from some great people – from business advice when I was starting out, to the great team we have at the moment, to countless others who have advised, supplied, supported, consulted, helped, encouraged, and generally been amazing.
But our biggest thank you of all – that’s to our customers – we love working with you, and without you, there would be no Resolve. Thank you!