We are seeking a dynamic, out of the box, customer focused team player with a real passion for IT to help us continue our growth and success as an award-winning customer service enterprise which specialises in IT support to clients.
Technical Engineer (2nd Line)
salary: Dependant on Experience
employment type: Permanent, full time position
hours of work: core hours are 9:00am to 5:30pm – Monday to Friday (flexible working and flexi-time policies can be requested after probation)
requirements: Car, full UK driving license. A full DBS check may be conducted
managed by: Helpdesk Managerapply now
Resolve IT offers a continually outstanding customer experience. We specialise in providing IT support (both remotely and onsite) to our wide range of corporate and 3rd sector clients. We are passionate about what we do, and our services include supporting, connecting, communicating, installing, and protecting to fulfil the needs of any organisation.
We believe that Resolve is a great place to work, with lots of opportunities to grow, be challenged, and input into the business. We offer excellent training, and a chance to choose where you want your skills to grow.
Alongside that, working for us comes with some great benefits including:
- The chance to develop your skills with high quality internal and external training and Microsoft certification opportunities (with exams paid for by Resolve)
- Starting holiday allowance of 21 days (plus Bank Holidays), this will increment after 2 years increasing by 1 day per year to the maximum of 34 including bank holiday
- Westfield Health plan available after one year’s continuous employment
- A great company culture and fun working atmosphere with monthly team meetings, team building away-days and regular staff socials (which sometimes see the appearance of ‘Andrew’s Beer Trolley’)
- 2 hours within the working week away from your day to day work to spend time on important but not urgent tasks, which could include training and professional development.
- Excellent offices and location, easily accessible from the city centre with superb amenities and plenty of free parking.
- Opportunities to attend relevant events and support local charities.
- Fruit, fresh coffee, and basic food and refreshment supplies free to all staff every day.
- Flexible working environment and autonomy of your desk with an appreciation and onus that you know your clients best
technical engineer (2nd line)
In the role of IT Engineer, you will deliver our continually outstanding customer experience and award-winning IT support to our clients. You will have a share of clients to look after; from fixing issues, configuring accounts, configuring hardware & software and installing new equipment to auditing the client’s equipment, set up, server and networks on a continual basis. Also, proactively identifying issues, offering advice and recommendations, and ensuring that requests for quotes are handed over to our solutions team.
An average day might involve diagnosing and resolving a networking issue, researching the best solution to a customer’s problem, configuring a new computer for an upcoming installation and investigating a failed backup. Or you might find yourself investigating an ongoing performance problem with a server and recommending some potential solutions to improve the speed.
- Managing technical requests, prioritising and dealing with them effectively
- Conducting site visits
- Monitoring, maintaining and remotely supporting clients’ systems
- Fixing issues swiftly whilst causing minimum disruption to your clients
- Working to targets, meeting and exceeding service level agreements
- Building long lasting and trusting relationships with your clients
- Planning and implementing ongoing projects, alongside the installation team and project team
- Proactively identifying opportunities to improve your clients’ IT systems, specifying the appropriate technologies and giving our solutions team the necessary information to quote for the client
- Ensuring that all documentation on client systems and any work carried out on them is accurate and up to date
- Completing IT reviews on client systems to offer recommendations and highlight areas for concern
- Providing a superb service and making sure the clients appreciate us as a partner in their business
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills to be able to manage the workloads and demands
Culture is imperative to Resolve, we have values which we think matter more than anything else and help us to deliver a continually outstanding customer experience. These are: communication, excellence, responsibility, passion, and innovation. We all aim to listen & understand, set high standards, take ownership, have a positive can-do attitude, spot arising or potential issues, make suggestions & implement changes.
Having passions other than IT are important to us as we ourselves have a plethora of interests which make Resolve an exciting place to work.
We really are the Resolve family who work as a team and support one another daily.
Of course, we need you to have technical experience too, you should have good knowledge of advanced desktop skills, such as the registry, local policies, RAID, and NTFS file permissions. You should also be able to support complex networks with an eye on the long-term. You will need to understand and be familiar with virtualisation, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, GPO, and be able to plan and set up an AD, including mapping drives, login scripts, profiles and security groups.
In addition, you should be able to specify hardware that will improve the client’s network, and understand the technologies used.
An IT Engineer will understand and be able to configure Exchange and features such as OWA, and also remote access such as RDP and VPN, and be able to forward the correct ports on the router and configure a firewall.
Overall, we are looking for someone who works hard, communicates well and is keen to demonstrate technical knowledge. If you are enthusiastic about excellent customer service, and if you are confident communicating with our clients by phone and email, then you may have the core skills we are looking for.
- Resolve provides training and support to all employees, but we are looking for someone who already has experience in some of the following technologies:
- Networking (hardware and software) on Windows Server 2003 to 2012 R2, and SBS 2008 to 2011
- Windows Client Operating Systems (XP to 10)
- Mac OS X
- Office 2010-2016 & Office 365
- Exchange 2007-2013 & Exchange Online
- Internet and email (including VPNs, DNS, IP, routers and firewalls)
- Active Directory configuration and administration experience
- Wireless Networking
- Backup Software
- Antivirus & Antispam software
- Qualifications such as MCP/MCSA/MCSE/MCTS/MCITP are also desirable
our commitment to equality & diversity
Resolve is committed and working hard towards promoting a diverse and inclusive environment. All candidates will be considered and measured solely on merit against the role requirements. We continuously monitor and review our selection criteria and procedures to ensure that all employees are selected, promoted and treated solely based on merits and abilities that are appropriate to the position.
download the pdf
Prefer a PDF version of this job spec? Download it here…