Windows 8 is great for touch screen tablets, but many people are also using it on a laptop or desktop PC. If, like me, you're one of them, you might be interested to discover the many shortcut keys available that can speed up how you use the operating system and ultimately improve your productivity.
Here are my top 10 Shortcut Keys for Windows 8 to help you work faster and smarter.
Start Screen Shortcut Keys
- Windows Key+D.....Switch to the desktop (hides/shows any applications and other windows).
- Windows Key+C.....Display the charms and time/date/notification/battery overlay.
- Windows Key+I.....Open the Settings charm.
- Windows Key+L.....Lock the PC and go to the Lock screen.
- Windows Key+Q.....Search using the Apps search scope.
Desktop Shortcut Keys
- Just the Windows Key.....Toggle between the desktop and the Start screen.
- Windows Key+E.....Launch Windows Explorer with the Computer tab displayed.
- Windows Key+F......Search using the Files search scope.
- Windows Key+M.....Minimize all open windows.
- Windows Key+SHIFT+M.....Restore minimized windows.
If you want to learn more time saving shortcuts then you can download the full quick reference guide from Microsoft here.